Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011: A Love Affair

As you can obviously read from the title, yes, it's true. I am having a love affair here in Germany. Two actually. Both with what is far older than I myself. Oh, but it's not in any way bad. My first is with "Piano Man" that good old Billy Joel tune that I heard for the first time in a funny movie called The Ringer a couple years back. My second is with "Hello Mr. Heartache" from the Dixie Chicks. Do people even remember the Dixie Chicks? I remember loving them as a little girl but how they fell out of style quickly. But anyway, yes, I'm having a love affair with music.

Is that even possible? To have a love affair with a song? Hmmm.... I don't care if it is or not, I am.

So I remember as a little girl, the only Dixie Chicks songs I ever listened to were "Goodbye Earl" and "Cowboy, Take Me Away." I actually found "Hello Mr. Heartache" the other day when I was looking through my brother-in-laws music on his old laptop that I've been using. By the way, Jonathan, I swear a quarter of the songs on your iTunes are duplicates.

I'm writing this blog entry today for a couple reasons. One, I have a lot of free time because it's Sunday and I'm waiting to Skype with my mom and I still have two and a half hours to wait and nobody is here. Two, I feel bad for holding you all on the line for so long without writing. Three, I just want to write a bit. And also, I'm sorry but I don't have any funny stories for you today.

So, you all know that it has been a while since I wrote an entry, but not a long time since I've written anything at all. In my absence from blogging, I am proud to say that I have written fifteen or so pages for my second novel, My Beautiful Death, a prologue, and four and a half chapters for my third novel, To The End, and even brainstormed an idea for a type of prequel to my first book which so far is unoriginally titled Memoirs of Brady Nilsen. Let's just say, Mr. Brady Nilsen who we all come to love with time was at one point in his life an incubus. Oh yes, you heard right. But I don't want to spoil the surprise any further, so, I will let you all just mull with that one.

Anybody remember the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas? I really want to watch it right now, because there is a cover by Fall Out Boy playing right now of the song "What's This?" when Jack finds the Christmas Town place.

Well, now I'm just sort of rambling with nothing to say in the spirit of this blog, so I'll let you all go.

Until My Next Post,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Anna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment