Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011: The Pilot of This Blog



Above is the time left until I begin my journey into Germany. Before I start the official blog though, I want to get a few things straight.

First, I'm new at the whole "blog" thing. I have also never kept a diary, nor a journal, or a log. The closest thing I've ever done to anything like that was when I served as chair for student congress. That was okay, but not exactly in depth or in need of anything but a script. So, since this is my first blog, go easy on me. I beg of you.

Second, this blog is sort of formal-ish. No, that doesn't mean I need you to wear a tuxedo or tall white gloves in order to read it. By this, I simply mean that there will be no texting language, cursing, and also minimal slang words in all posts, and if a person wishes to comment, I ask that they also adhere to this rule.

Last, I'm a student, learning a new language, a new culture, trying to keep up with school, write a book, and make new friends somehow. I'm going to try to write a blog entry every day, but believe me, it might not happen. Within my posts, I'll try to add some degree of satire, and not be too dry and humorless. I want to rivet you all with my tales of German ghosts, castles, knights, and Gymnasium? The really good stories will probably (most likely) happen on weekends when I have places to go. I'm going to try to post pictures and stuff once I figure this blog thing out.

Until my next post, Happy Tidings. :)
Love From,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment